Parental survey: re Possible return to Sherrier
Please see some of the important aspects we have been considering and complete this survey by clicking on the link below. This will support us with our planning here at Sherrier. Thank you very much. Miss Beckett
The safety of our school communities is our primary aim.
- Social distancing for all at a 2m distance throughout the day
- Classroom, corridor furniture and resources will be rearranged to allow for social distancing
- Removing soft furnishings and toys that are hard to clean
- One-way systems and corridor barriers in place to separate groups
- Staggering school arrival and leaving times with only one parent/carer to be present at the school gate
- Staggering pupil break and lunchtimes so groups do not mix
- Children and staff will remain in a small, consistent group that stays away from other staff and groups
- Due to staffing requirements, the majority of children will not be with their usual class teacher, a qualified teacher or a familiar member of support staff should they return
- Children who are ill should not be brought to school and if they have Coronavirus symptoms, then parents/carers should arrange for Coronavirus testing through NHS 111
- Doors and windows are open for increased ventilation and reminding parents/carers to ensure suitably warm clothing for their child to wear, should they return to school
We appreciate the difficulty of this decision for you and will respect your decision. As the Department of Education has shared, there will be no penalties should pupils not attend. As we have done throughout this whole period, we will continue to set work for all our children and the work set for the children at home will be the same as the work the children in school are completing as we feel this is the fairest approach.